One of the most popular trends to hit the cannabis market recently is marijuana-infused beverages, but surely you don’t have to wait for Coca-Cola to come out with cannabis cola for you to enjoy a little marijuana in your drink.
Worry no more because Canna Afrika has decided to share 3 cannabis – infused drinks that you could easily make at home for yourself or adult company.
1 gram of Cannabis for every 950 ml of milk:
- Put a steel bowl inside a pot of boiling water, also known as a double boiler, then add milk and cannabis to the steel bowl.
- Boil the mixture for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature and let it simmer for a few hours. Stirring occasionally to avoid curdling
- Then simply strain it, and you have cannabis milk!
The best part is that now you can use this milk to create cannabis milkshakes, cannabis coffee, hot chocolate, basically any other milk related goodies you want to create.
Nothing is better than a cool drink in those hot summer days, so how about a refreshing glass of lemonade. First, we need to make a cannabis syrup:
- 3 cups water
- 4 grams cannabis chopped fine
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable glycerine
Bring the water to a low boil, slowly add the cannabis, stirring frequently.
- Next add the sugar, stirring to dissolve it all.
- Cook for 20 minutes, covered, not allowing the mixture to boil too vigorously.
- Remove cover and add vegetable glycerine while continue cooking, gentle bubbles, for 7-8 minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture will thicken.
- Allow the syrup to cool and transfer to a measuring cup with a spout. (Less spills!)
- Strain the syrup through a small strainer and cheesecloth. Best kept in the fridge.
After all is said and done you can just add the syrup to your normal lemonade mixture either in just a glass or a whole picture to share with guests or keep in the fridge. What is more is now you won’t only be enjoying just lemonade if you want to take it a step future and use it in any cocktail recipes that require simple syrup you are more than welcome.
Vodka with CBD Mixer
So just in case you want to make cocktails that don’t involve here is one for the books, cannabis vodka. This can be a little tricky, but we are here to make it simple for you.
- 250 vodka (or any spirit of your choice)
- 1- 3 grams of chopped cannabis (the more grams the stronger it is, both dried and fresh cannabis work fine)
- Set up your double boiler on the lowest possible heat
- Wrap cannabis in cheesecloth to make small package. If you want to produce a strong psychoactive effects then using dry is best, the fresh won’t be as strong but will produce a nice colour and flavour profile.
- Pour the vodka in the double boiler and add the cannabis package and let it infuse for 2 – 3 hours, use a thermometer to make sure it never goes above 60ºC – 80ºC. The longer you infuse the stronger the result is but know that you will risk alcohol potency.
- Remove the cannabis, pour out vodka and let it cool before sealing. To clear the vodka of its colouring, just put in through a coffee filter.
Whatever your taste, try out our recipes and let us know how it works for you, comment down below of your experience or any more drinks you make with your cannabis.
What is Green Fingaz?
So last year I got to attend a really cool event with all the things I love, music, great venue , HU and marijuana of course. Got connected to people from all kinds of places who are part of the cannabis culture. So recently I reached out to the founders of Green fingaz just to see what it takes to launch such a stellar event.
What is Green Fingaz? How did you come up with the name?
- It was a collective effort the way the name came about, we also didn’t want the name to be so in your face and too direct.
- Green Fingaz is a Premium lifestyle event that caters for the cannabis consumer, it also aims to educate the patrons of the event by creating a hub of like minded individuals that is accompanied by eclectic sounds.
How many founders does Green Fingaz have and how did you guys come to collaborate?
- There are 2 Co- founders to Green Fingaz (Mmapula & Nathi)
- Were friends first before were business partners and together with our love for good music coupled with our involvement with the event industry we decided to partner up to put together a Premium lifestyle experience.
Who would be your ultimate brand collaboration be?
- Lion matches
- 420 Monkey
- King kushie
How did Green Fingaz come to be? What were your guiding principles during the creation of this experience?
When kicking off an event what are the first steps you take?
- Try put together as many resources as possible
- Pick the right team to help you execute the vision as close to your vision as possible
Who is your target market and how do you communicate with them?
- Our target ranges from 25 – 50 and over, we aim at attracting the young black up and comers to the well established.
What has been one of your biggest event turnouts thus far? How do you measure event success?
- This our first one so there isn’t enough history to gauge with, at this point we would measure the the success by the exposure, the awareness we’ve raised and by the great feedback thus far from the attendees.
How have you handled any event bloops along the way?
- Learn from them and try to correct them for future events.
What are you most proud of about the event you have planned so far?
- The Eclectic Music and the turnout given that the weather wasn’t favourable that weekend.
Being that Greenfingaz is a new event, what marketing tools have helped move you forward?
- All social media platforms have been our promotional outlets.
Would you ever branch out and make Greenfingaz continental? Where would you like to see Greenfingaz in the coming years?
- We would love to grow the footprint at home and the rest of Africa first before expanding internationally.
How has been finding sponsorships for the event, who are the coolest sponsors you have collaborated with?
- Still too early for sponsors to be completely convinced , we did however have a few sponsors who believed in the vision from the word go such as:
- 420 monkey
- King Kushie
- ISSH( I Speak Hip Hop)
- Hydro Cult
Describe your journey with Greenfingaz, how have you used Greenfingaz as a microphone for your passions, interests and service?
- It’s an ongoing process at the moment.
What would you like to see happen in the cannabis space in South Africa this year?
- More education is needed around the business, ownership and the regulations around it, the focus needs increase with regards to us as a people empowering ourselves at these early stages.
With all things said and done, an event that brings together a tribe of people united in the enjoyment of cannabis will always be a fave, I certainly can’t wait for the next event.
Amazingly Simple, Yet Delicious Homemade Canna Butter Recipe
If you aren’t new into the cannabis space then you surely know what edibles are but just in case you have never had the honour of knowing what a cannabis edible is then you have come to the right place.
To give you a definition a cannabis edible is simply put as cannabis-infused food, also known as just an edible which is food containing cannabinoids, especially THC.
In 2017 Cedella Marley, the daughter of the legendary Bob Marley, and Raquel Pelzel published a cookbook, Cooking with Herb, that not only showcased the healing properties of cannabis but combined it with her person wellness regime.
The most popular of the recipes is canna butter, ultimately known as the only recipe you need to cook with cannabis because if we are being real who doesn’t like butter.
7 grams of cannabis (based on the 15% THC level)
454 grams of butter
- Grind the herb using a hand grinder (you don’t want it to be powder fine—think dried oregano).
- Combine the butter and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a low simmer over medium heat. Once the butter begins to melt, add the ground cannabis.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook the butter very gently, stirring occasionally and maintaining a temperature of between 95° and 120°C, until the top layer in the saucepan changes from watery to glossy and thick, 2 to 3 hours—you may need to add water if the temperature gets close to the 120°C mark (so the butter doesn’t scorch).
- Set a sieve over a medium bowl (preferably glass) and line the sieve with cheesecloth. Pour the infusion into the sieve and let it sit until all of the butter has been filtered, about 5 minutes. Wrap the edges of the cheesecloth over the herb and use a rubber spatula to press on the solids to extract all of the butter (discard solids). Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate the strained butter for at least 3 hours or overnight.
The next day, lift out the solid block of butter and discard any liquid remaining in the bowl. Use a paper towel to pat the surface of the butter on all sides to absorb any droplets of moisture. Wrap the butter in two layers of plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months or in the freezer for up to 6 months
So just like that you have your own edible that you can use for almost everything, comment down below and share your own recipes of what you infuse with your cannabis and also look out for more recipes from here
Why Should We Care If Pot Offenders Get Released From Prison?
Fueled by Cannabis: Pot-powered Athletes are Focusing on Recovery
Coming Sometime Soon to a Roadblock Near You: THC Breathalizers!
Bud for Beginners: Growers Guide
Montana + Minnesota Move Towards Legalization
Oregon Allots $25M To Combat Illicit Cannabis Grows
Education3 weeks ago
The Landrace Effect: Africa as the Best Cannabis Purebred Strain Breeders
Politics4 weeks ago
Zimbabwe Tobacco Board Tells 145,000 Tobacco Farmers: “A Quarter of Your Income Must Come from Hemp by 2025”
Politics4 weeks ago
SAHPRA Issues Africa’s First License to Conduct Psilocybin Clinical Trials; Aim is to Treat Depressed Women who are HIV Positive
News3 weeks ago
Russian Invasion of Ukraine Drives Up Cannabis Input Prices; Solvents and Packaging Are Hardest Hit
News2 weeks ago
Gauteng Signs Township Act into Law; Calls for Entrepreneurs to Pitch Proposals to Industrialize Cannabis
Cannabis3 weeks ago
Higher Profile: MDbio, Cannabinoid Products Created by Doctors